Gavett, Datt & Barish, P.C. has a wealth of expertise in preparing detailed insurance coverage opinions for our clients that examine whether a particular matter comes within the coverage of an insurance policy. All opinions issued by the firm delve into the particulars of each specific policy. We offer our clients a comprehensive, written explanation of the relevant provisions of the insurance policy at issue, a recitation of the facts surrounding the dispute, the legal issues presented and an extensive analysis of those legal issues.
The coverage of claims under various types of insurance policies is an expanding area of law. Courts have been called upon with increasing frequency to determine the scope of policy coverage. There are instances where policies issued many years ago and which were thought to have expired have been reexamined for potential coverage of current claims.
The attorneys at Gavett, Datt & Barish, P.C., are experienced in matters pertaining to many different types of coverage including:
- Commercial General Liability Insurance
- Special Multi-Peril Policies
- Business Automobile Policies
- Personal Automobile Policies
- Business Owners Property Policies
- Homeowner's and Condominium Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Agricultural Crop Insurance
- Workers Compensation and Employers' Liability Policies
- Life and Disability Insurance Policies
- Additional Insured Endorsements
- Contractual Liability Coverage
- CCIP (Contractor Controlled Insurance Program) and OCIP (Owner Controlled Insurance Program) coverages
- Umbrella and Excess Liability Coverage
We have represented clients in declaratory judgment actions and other insurance coverage matters in both state and federal courts. We have also handled many complex and controversial insurance matters on behalf of our clients. Our significant trial experience allows us to aggressively represent clients in coverage litigation in the courtroom. We often advise our clients on the most favorable jurisdiction in which a coverage matter may be litigated.
Although some firms have a philosophy that they will represent only either insurers or insureds in insurance coverage disputes, Gavett, Datt & Barish, P.C. does not believe there is a "right" and a "wrong" side. Instead, we objectively review the facts and circumstances of each particular situation and candidly advise our clients. We aggressively represent our clients in each individual matter, be they insurers, individual insureds, commercial insureds, agents or brokers. Our goal is to resolve insurance coverage disputes in the most cost effective manner for the client. Our clients have expressed their appreciation for the breadth of our expertise and our objectivity and reasonableness, resulting in favorable results for our clients.