Rhoda S. Barish joined the firm as an Associate in 1992 and has been a vibrant member of the firm ever since. Ms. Barish became a Principal and member of the Board of Directors in July 2000.
Prior to joining Gavett, Datt & Barish, P.C., Ms. Barish was an associate with the law firm of Gleason & Flynn, Chartered. She began her legal career as a trial attorney with the United States Department of Energy, Economic Regulatory Administration. She practices primarily in the fields of insurance coverage, appellate practice, environmental matters, personal injury, and construction law.
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Environmental Law
- Construction Law
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Washington College of Law, American University 1982
- Assistant Editor, The American University Law Review
- Vassar College, 1977
Bachelor of Arts
- Comment, "Renvoi and the Modern Approaches to Choice-of-Law," 30 Am. U.L. Rev. 1049 (1981), cited in American Motorists Ins. Co. v. ARTRA Group, 338 Md. 560, 659 A.2d 1295 (1995).
- Anderson v. Russell, 247 F.3d 125 (4th Cir. 2001)
- Hudson Trail Outfitters v. Department of Employment Services, 801 A.2d 987 (D.C. 2002)
Jung v. Jung, 791 A.2d 46 (D.C. 2002)
- Kent Village Associates Joint Venture v. Smith, 104 Md. App. 507, 657 A.2d 330 (1995)